Bangladesh BCS Exam Pattern 2023 BCS Exam Syllabus 2023 Notification Released :- The Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) is the civil service of the Government of Bangladesh. It is a merit-based system that conducts examinations to recruit candidates for various administrative and management positions in the government. The BCS is divided into several categories, including the Administrative Service, Police Service, and Foreign Service. The examinations are highly competitive and are considered to be one of the most sought-after career opportunities in Bangladesh. Successful candidates are appointed to various positions in the government and are expected to serve the public and implement government policies and programs.
Jobs & Services which are Offered by the Bangladesh Civil Services :
The Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) offers a wide range of services to the public through the various positions that are filled through the BCS examination. Some of the main services offered through the BCS include:
- Administrative Services : BCS officers in the Administrative Service are responsible for implementing government policies and programs at the local and national level. They also play a key role in the formulation of policies and plans for the development of the country.
- Police Services : BCS officers in the Police Service are responsible for maintaining law and order, protecting citizens and their property, and investigating crimes.
- Foreign Services : BCS officers in the Foreign Service are responsible for representing Bangladesh in other countries and promoting the country’s interests abroad.
- Education Services : BCS officers in the education service are responsible for the management, administration and development of education in the country.
- Health Services : BCS officers in the health service are responsible for managing and administering the healthcare system in the country, including the development of public health policies and programs.
- Customs & Excise Service : BCS officers in Customs and Excise Service are responsible for the collection of import and export duties, taxes and other charges on goods crossing the border.
These are Just a few examples of the many services provided by the BCS. Other services include Revenue Service, Audit and Accounts Service, Taxation Service, and so on.
BCS Exam Overview :
- Name of Examination : Bangladesh Civil Services (BCS)
- Conducting Organization : Bangladesh Public Service Commission (BPSC)
- Level of Examination : National Level
- Examination Mode : Through Offline
- Exam Date : To be Announced
- Online Form Registration : Click Here
- Exam Fees : To be announced
- Eligibility Criteria 1. Candidates Should be of 21 years.
2. Candidates Must have Graduates Degree.
Download PDF of Syllabus : Click Here
Official Website : Click Here
BCS Exam Pattern 2023
The Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) examination is divided into several stages, with each stage designed to test the candidate’s knowledge and skills in a specific area. The exam pattern for the BCS exam is as follows:
- Initial Screening Test: This is the first stage of the BCS examination and is a multiple-choice test that covers a wide range of subjects including general knowledge, English, and mathematics. Only the top-scoring candidates will be selected to move on to the next stage.
- Written Examination: The Written Examination is the Second Stage of the BCS examination and is divided into two parts : the preliminary and the main examination. The preliminary examination is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of general subjects such as English, mathematics, general knowledge, and general science. The main examination is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of their chosen field of study.
- Viva-Voce : The viva-voce is the final stage of the BCS examination and is an oral examination that is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge and communication skills.
- Medical Test : Once the candidate pass the written and viva-voce examination, they will have to go through a Medical Test to ensure that they are fit for the service.
The BCS Examination is also divided into different categories, i.e Professional, Technical and General cadres, each cadre has its own syllabus and pattern of examination.
Note that the BCS Exam Pattern is subject to change and it’s always recommended to check the official website of BPSC (Bangladesh Public Service Commission) for the most up-to-date information.
Bangladesh Public Service Commission Exam Syllabus 2023
The Syllabus for the Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) examination varies depending on the Category (Professional, Technical and General) of the service being applied for.
The General Cadre BCS Examination is divided into two Parts : The Preliminary Examination and the Main Examination.
The Preliminary Examination is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of general subjects such as :
- General Knowledge
- General Science
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
The Main Examination is Designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of their chosen field of study, which can be any one of the following:
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- Islamic History and Culture
- Islamic Studies
- Geography and Environment
- Human Resource Management
- International Relations
- Library Science
The Professional and Technical cadres, Syllabus is different from General cadre. It includes their specific fields. For example, BCS (Health) will have a syllabus that includes the subject of Medicine, Public Health, and so on.